Immunology Can you become immune to poison ivy?
Can you become immune to poison ivy?
Poison ivy immunity is a myth. You can be extremely resistant to poison ivy to the point where you won't have any symptoms from exposure. Unfortunately, repeated exposure breaks down your resistance over time, so you will eventually develop symptoms. So if you are very resistant, like me, the best thing you can do is what everyone else is doing anyway: avoid it.
The reaction to poison ivy is usually delayed, so it probably won't show up for a day or two. Ivy poisoning reactions are acquired.
@morphism In general, everything is individual, but as a rule, the reaction of the poison to the human body takes time. Factors such as: skin diseases, degree of burn, availability of first aid affect
In the end, could we get some resistance to these kind of things?)